Tuesday, June 14, 2011

quest!

        Today i look at the few books strewn over my bed,
        the few books i have been searching something for.
        As i moved to my new niche,i started my quest for it.
        the many books stacked upon the high shelf told,
        it was rather ambitious of me
        to dream of finding its meaning.

        they gave a rather ominous look  
        that warned me to make better use of the clock
        as i explored the books from
        one paperback end to other, they said
        what i'm trying to find will abscond me forever..and ever.
        and so it has!till today.
      
        halfway through one book i found happiness.
        it followed  grief.
        but my quest ,was life.
        what the book told did not excite me nor satisfy.
        and later i found love..
        disguised to offset my mission.

        i hated the oerver,i took the wrong road.
        i tried every other book,and got used to the ordeal.
        it was no longer a surprise, a disappointment ,
        for it sank into me that no book can
        satisfy me with the meaning of life!
        the meaning of love,the poison in its fang!

        today as i look at those few books,
          i'm disturbed by an anonymous sound..
        a pensive outline in the mirror replies,
        one does not ever find the meaning of life
        one gets the meaning of life..from the books i have not read.
        from the dictionary of life..
        and my quest begins.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment